The SRT100 actuators are based on stepper motors. Accurate and powerfull, they allow to build a 2DOF (2 actuators, pitch/roll) or 3DOF sim motion rig (3 or 4 actuators, pitch/roll/heave) for approximately 300€/actuator.
Want to support this project ? https://www.paypal.me/leboisVR?locale.x=en
For info: I do not sell ANY PEDALS OR PRINTED PARTS. That would be trading, and I am not, and do not wish to be a trader. I don’t do black either. No need to ask. However, I am looking for a company that could produce plastic parts for those who do not own 3D printers. If you know of any…
The SRT100 actuator is simlar to the OpenSFX100 actuator, of which it shares an important part of the components. The main difference lies in the motors used : stepper motors for the SRT100, servo motors for the OpenSFX (more powerfull, but also more expensive).
The motor is fixed to the ballscrew, The ball screw nut is linked to a 30mm wide shaft.
The SRT100 travel is around 150mm. Each actuator supports more than 75kg. Beyond that, the speed will be reduced. The Arduino board controls 3, 4 or 4 actuators, thought the FlyPT mover software (free).
SRT100 or SRT150 ? It depends on the type of race you are in and the angles you want to reach. Personally, I have much more angle on my simulator than most simulators I see. For this reason, I prefer the SRT150. But to exploit this travel, you need more speed and therefore more power. This is a good setup if you use 4 actuators. For your information, the further apart the actuators are, the less travel you will have.
The full and detailled and updated shopping list is available here.
- Arduino Uno (Amazon, Aliexpress)
- Cables 3cores 22awg (outer diameter is 4mm). Each driver is linked to the Arduino by 3 wires (pulse, direction, ground). So you can use 3 wires for each driver, or a 12 leads cable coming from the Arduino, that you then split in four groups of 3 wires (for 4 actuators). It is interesting if the Arduino is far from the drivers.
- Power supply 72V 20A (Aliexpress)
- Mechanical kit for SRT100/150 actuators : Industry&CNC, partner of Lebois Racing, offer a complete kit for the SRT100 and SRT150 actuators, that includes : SFU1610 300mm or 350mm ballscrew, FK12 bearing, 300x30mm or 350×30 shaft, LMEK30UU linear bearing, 40x30mm 14mm-10mm shaft coupler. Each actuator requires one set. The price is good, and each component has been tested.
- 1 extrusion 100100 250mm ou 300mm Kinetics. It is the only compatible model.
- Reduction sleeve RH10/M8, self-tapping
Nema 34 motor, 12Nm, closed loop and a HBS86H (Ebay)
Screws (one set per actuator):
- 8 x M8 x 50 (Amazon, Aliexpress) : To fix the linear bearing support and the fixed bearing support to the Kinetics extrusion.
- 4 x M6 x 90 (Vis Express, Aliexpress) : To fix the motor to the Kinetic extrusion
- 4 x M6 x 25 (Aliexpress) : To fix the linear bearing
- 4 x M4 x 25 (Aliexpress) : To fix the fixed bearing
- 6 x M5 x 20 (Aliexpress) : To fix the slider